Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Mein Geburtstag (Birthday)

Monday was my 21st birthday. I am now no longer a second class citizen. =) I don't feel much different unfortunately.





I had Fr. Don and my Grandparents on my mom's side over for dinner. I made my lemon-garlic chicken dish that I made up at school.




Afterwards, my mom and I picked up my Aunt Ann and Uncle Mike and went out to Millrose Restaurant and Brewery in South Barrington. (To his and my great disappointment, my dad had to be out of town on business that night, but we're going downtown this weekend most likely.)



It was an absolutelly beautiful night and after it got dark they lit up all the fireplaces outside and we all had a good chat over fresh draft beer.

3 Comments:

Blogger mystical_rose84 said...

BTW I have a blog now with some pictures (You, Thom, Tracy and Beth have inspired me :-). On the subject of drinks ... dad and I stole over to Chilis yesterday and had ourselves a Margarita (my first) ... I can't decided if I prefer it to the strawberry daiquiri ... I like them both.

7/08/2006 4:51 PM  
Blogger mystical_rose84 said...

I was a slightly bummed that the chilis bartender did not even ask for my ID - maybe they thought that dad looked respectable enough not to bring someone under age into the bar, or intimidating enough with his Indian Jones hat and dirty work shirt not to be put to question ... The bartender was just a new employee but I was humored. I was a little surprised because people always guess that I am a lot younger -like 16 or so.

7/08/2006 5:02 PM  
Blogger kisa_krysa said...

Hallo, Matthew!
Alles bestens zum Geburtstag!
Happy Birthday to you!
I enjoyed your blog, especially your photos;-)
My last birthday I celebrated in Cyprus at Cyprus Four Seasons , it was great. Spa, fabulous ocean, white sandy beach. I walked on the beach in the evenings, admired the sunsets.. I have a nice holidays there. You have to try it, too;-)

8/14/2006 2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home