Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Two Books for Your Christmas List

While reading over at the illustrious "FUMARE" blog I came across these books which look like they are very worthwhile and I hope to get my hands on soon.

In particular, this book struck my attention: "The Mysteries of Life in Children's Literature". It should come as no surprise to know that children are very impressionable to begin with and the stories they hear are the major instruments in the formation and molding of their soul. Throughout their life, even if on an sub-conscious or unconscious level, the inspirations of the stories they heard as children will remain with them. This is why children's literature is one of the most crucial fronts on our present culture war. Unfortunately, it is also one of the most neglected as well.

Anyways, I would highly recommend this book to all my loyal readers. =) I will most likely update this post after I get a chance to gloss through it myself.

Have a blessed advent and may the peace of the coming Christ child be with you all.

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Looks interesting. C.S. Lewis has written a little bit on this topic in his short book "The Abolition of Man". It may hold something of interest to you.

12/09/2005 5:09 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Thanks for dropping by David. I've heard that about The Abolition of Man before I hope I get a chance to read it soon.

12/10/2005 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home