Sunday, July 09, 2006

Mid-Summer



Ave Guys Reunion
(left to right: John, Dave, Me, Thom, Chris, Jeff)

Well it is Sunday, July 9th, 2006. Summer is more than half way finished and it's only a few more weeks until school starts again. I had a pretty good time these past couple of weeks. I visited my roommate from Ave, John up in Minnesota and hung out with his cousins and played lots of volleyball. We then went down to Iowa together to a friend from Ave whose family was throwing their annual Fourth of July party. The party was actually on the third and on the fourth I mostly drove all day (approx. 780 miles). Also at the party, first thing in the morning I went outside after breakfast and saw some people setting up for the party so I decided to help out. They were putting up a fence to keep the volleyball from rolling down the hill next to the net. So I grabbed the t-post and the sledgehammer and started pounding it in when all of a sudden my thumb got in the way and I gave myself a direct hit on my thumbnail... ouch. Pretty much for the rest of the day I was in constant sharp pain except when I froze my thumb in ice. Anyways, the blood pressure building up under the thumb nail started to be too much for me and so I consulted some people at the party and one girl said to stick a needle underneath the nail and let the blood out. I did that and almost passed out (again), but that didn't help out much. A couple hours later I found a doctor at the party and he say that you have to go through the top of the nail with a red hot need or paper clip. I did both and finally found some relief at about 11:30 pm.

Now I'm teaching piano, reading, riding my bike, and attending various summer events and parties throughout.

4 Comments:

Blogger mystical_rose84 said...

So is that Thom P. in the black shirt next to you? or another Thom that looks just like him (lol) I was curious to see a picture since the only one I had seen was on his blog with the sunglasses, thanks.
I am so sorry about your finger ::ouch!::
BTW The Thompsons are arriving tonight!! I hope Ian likes the OK country ;-)

7/09/2006 4:39 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Wow, drilling into your thumb. I thought sticking a red hot paper clip was bad enough. Yikes. =) I haven't tried arnica, I didn't know about that, though I wish I did it might have saved me a lot of pain.

Michaela: yes, that is Thom P. I hope you are a having a good time with the Thompsons. Say 'hi' if you get the chance for me.

7/10/2006 10:31 PM  
Blogger mystical_rose84 said...

We are having a great time so far... Last night we saw Pirates of the Caribbean with the Thompsons, Tracy, and Meghan and had pizza and coffee after ... I think today we are spending the day at the Gundersons, and I also hear we might spend time at the lake on a boat! My dad wants to have another bonfire while they are here and Meghan and I are planning a sleepover at her house for the girls. So ... I imagine we will have some very good times with them :-) I will tell them you said 'hi' -Ian especially will be glad to hear from you.

7/11/2006 7:45 AM  
Blogger Black Mona said...

wow...i just found your blog! this is SO exciting.;-) yeah, that day was kinda a bummer, huh? although i'm glad your finger got better!!!

9/02/2006 3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home